New World server transfers: How to move your characters, what you’ll lose and free reward
New World fans now have the opportunity to transfer their characters to a new server.
After weeks of updates and delays, the latest New World patch finally makes the feature a possibility.
Update 1.0.3 launches alongside a period of server downtime, which lasts until around 11am BST in the UK. You can check out the patch notes at this link.
Unfortunately, however, there are one or two limitations when it comes to transferring characters to a new server.
Sadly, this includes not being able to actually transfer characters to a new region.
As pointed out by Amazon Games, your Company membership will also need to be terminated, and won’t carry over. Likewise, Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over. Friend lists are also specific to each world, so you’ll need to make new friends when you transfer over.
If you want to transfer again, you’ll need an additional token, which should be sold in the in-game store.
“We’ve also added the ‘Waiting’ emote to the in-game store – for free – as an additional thank you,” Amazon explains.
“To claim the emote, navigate to the in-game store and select the “Emotes” tab, where you’ll find the “Waiting” emote available for free.”
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY CHARACTER?
• You need to log into your character, which means waiting in any applicable queues.
• There will be a new tab in the in-game store to claim your character transfer token.
• You need to leave your Company.
• You need to remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders.
• Your character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost).
WHAT COMES WITH ME WHEN I TRANSFER?
• You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).